Planning and journaling

Mornin' sunshines! 

Since i remember I like to do allot of things in the same time. Life is too short and too full of interesting things to do the same old thing every day. The down side is that sometimes it becomes overwhelming and you end up not doing anything. One day I found in my feed on YouTUBE  some videos about planners and, being bored and not wanting to do anything, I clicked on them... I got hooked to the all planner thing. 

All the people that know me personally they know that I have an annoying memory and I rarely forget something that I have to do. But I felt the need to write down all the things that I do as a motivation and a reward for how I choose to spend my time and to try to make me do other things beside work, study and watching TV series.


It is all about the colors! One of the tips to stay organized is to use different colors for each type of activities. I use also quotes (lots of quotes) and black and white images to mark different activities. I am collecting color pens, pencils, markers and highlighters for years now. I was saving them, not wasting them on my classes, for the life of me I don't know why I was doing that. Now I decided to finished them (so I can buy new ones).

 
 What do I use my planner for? I use it primarily to write down all me classes, the deadlines for my projects, the exam dates and other appointments. At the beginning I was sad because I was writing in planner only work and school related activities so I started changing my hobbies. I joined a book club, I went to various presentations, to the cinema and the Opera.


Everything was going well, but my planner was kinda boring having only writting in it so I started printing quotes and photos and add them to it.
 
And now about the journal. At the beginning I was writing in the journal only life marking events, because I have/had the tendency t over think everything I noticed that if I write things down I stop thinking at them. And IT WORKED! I saw that my life didn't improve and my entries were all about not happy events in my life ( I used the term "not happy" and not "bad" because nothing that God gives you is truly bad, it is a matter of finding out why it happen to you and what you have to learn from that thing). So I decided to start challenge myself to grow and now I am doing a 130 days challenge (I will write about it soon).


I love girly, colorful, small notebooks and I noticed that I collect them without realizing so I use them to write my thoughts in them.

How do you keep yourself organized? How do you challenge yourself to grow?


No comments:

Post a Comment