How to wear maxi skirts?!

Mornin' sunshines!

Currently I have a big problem with all the fashion blogers and fashion editors that think that they have all the right answers. How died and made the chiefs??? They say things like: short girls can't wear maxi skirts/dresses, if you have a big bust you NEED to wear such and such type of skirt/dress. This is stupid! You can wear anything that you like and make you look good. Me, for example, I love maxi skirts because I think they make me look slim, but my height is not appropriate for them. And I don't agree with that! If you know your body, you can wear anything you like, I will give some examples of what I am talking...

 It is said that you shouldn't wear print skirts if you have short legs or if you have an hourglass figure. I completely disagree!
 Some say that this length is perfect for a maxi skirt if you want to look tall. I don't like this length for me because I think it makes me look shorter, but I love how she looks in this outfit. You see what I mean?
Kin Kardashian has an hourglass figure and is petite, but she can rock a maxi skirt like no one. The reason? She embraces her curves and dress according with them. For example, if she was wearing the belt on her hips she have looked fat, but placing it on her waist and she is looking amazing.

It is said that you can't wear loose blouses with maxi skirts and only contrast pieces can provide a slim figure, a feminine one. Actually I love this style, I can't wait to try something similar in the winter.

They say that maxi skirts are perfect when you have ugly legs or you want to hide something. Personally, I think that they flatter any type of body if you know how to choose the perfect style for your body.

The question is: how do you believe? The mirror and what you think when you look in it or some person how think that knows everything about fashion just because he/she has a fashion blog or write for a fashion magazine?


12 comments:

  1. I Love maxi skirts! Great pictures to showcase them :)

    xx
    Amanda
    MyCowlick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post!

    http://wonderfashionista.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooooooveeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://chocolateinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Olivia Palermo's outfit! xx

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  5. maxi skirts seem to work well on a variety of body types and heights! i'd love to try one, but haven't found one i like yet.

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same! I just love to wear them in the summer time! Now I am trying to find ways to wear them in fall also. Sugestion?

      Delete
  6. I love that last outfit! Maxi with a turtle neck- classic.

    Sarah x
    www.tellhershesdreaming.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maxi skirts - it's sexy in a subtle way. lovely post xo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete